ST. XAVIER’S : 154 YEARS (I860 - 2014)

A host of seven Belgian Jesuits arrived at Calcutta in November 1859, under the leadership of Fr. H. Depelchin (Rector : 1860-1871), the Founding Father of the second St. Xavier's. They shifted St. Xavier's from Chowringhee to the Sans Souci Theatre in January 1860, which is now the honest home of learned professors and zealous students.

With one hundred and fifty three years of service to the nation, St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, has grown today into a leading educational institution in India. Both St. Xavier's School and College are proud of their contribution to the cause of education and culture in Bengal for 153 years. These twin institutions have produced many great educationists and students who earned regard and respect for their Alma Mater. Know more...

 

Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMMRC)

Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMMRC), St. Xavier's College, Calcutta was established in 1986 for producing undergraduate educational television programmes for the Countrywide Classroom of the Government of India. The Centre was rechristened as Educational Multimedia Research Centre in 2004 and in addition to producing television programmes it also produces e-content. Know more...

 

ST. XAVIER’S : 154 YEARS (I860 - 2014)

Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMMRC)